Our One Year Anniversay

Our One Year Anniversay

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

One More Baby Step

Well I arrived at the hospital around 8:20 this morning and Mike was breathing on his own. He is still ventilated but he's initiating the breathing and the ventilator will follow through if his volume or breath counts aren't where they need to be.



We will be weaning off some of the sedation's later today and will be waking him up again. I spoke with the doctors and they won't be moving him anytime soon. The Chief of Neurosurgery spoke to me yesterday and he agreed that he's too unstable to move and will need to be off the ventilator before he signs him over. That made me so happy. Not only am I concerned with his moving at this time, but I have a really good relationship with all the nurses and doctors. They are just as excited as I am when he has a good day (okay maybe not as happy as I am, but you know what I mean.)



Tomorrow morning Mike will be transferring from the intibation (sp?) tube to a trachea tube. (this is where they place a breathing tube in lower area of his neck.) The tracheotomy will allow him to come off the ventilator much easier and quicker. He will be able to breath on his own and the doctors will have a secure air way if he gets into any trouble with coughing or breathing. I'm glad this will be finally be done. It's another step in the right direction.



Mike is still shivering quit a bit, but so far for today his fever is down to a normal level without any Tylenol or the cooling blanket. Hopefully the fever is gone for good. Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Our thoughts and prays are with you always! I am amazed at the faith and positivity you convey in your posts. I know it is helping you and your family! remember to cry when you need, laugh when you need. you are so strong! I have faith that your whole family will come out of this on top. Tasha Slack

Steven Has The Chicken Pox

Steven Has The Chicken Pox
3/12/2008

Always Holding Hands

Always Holding Hands

Another Broken Bone In The Family

Another Broken Bone In The Family
12/11/07

Larsen Family 10/01/07

Larsen Family 10/01/07
Monterey Bay, California

A Day At The Beach 9/22/2007

A Day At The Beach 9/22/2007
Pacifica, CA

Mike and Sarah

Mike and Sarah
Monterey Bay, CA 10/2007

Million $ Hardware; 19 screws, 2 plates, 1 washer and 1 wire

Million $ Hardware; 19 screws, 2 plates, 1 washer and 1 wire
All of the above are from Mike's right elbow.

The Man of Steal is Back!

The Man of Steal is Back!

Mike's New Break

Mike's New Break
10/24/07

Mike & I @ Girls Camp

Mike & I @ Girls Camp
July 20th, 2007