Our One Year Anniversay

Our One Year Anniversay

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Waiting To Go To Vallejo...

Mike's continuing to do well. He's begin to have some depression that is going along with his frustrations. He ready to go to rehab and it can't happen soon enough. We were told last night (Saturday) that he might not get moved until Tuesday morning. This didn't help. Yesterday and today layed in bed and slept allot. He only got out of bed a few times today to walk. When he is awake he tells me repeatedly, "I just want to get out of here." or "Can you please get this (cast) off of me." He knows going to Vallejo is the next step to coming home. (He really hates being in the hospital.)

His appetite isn't coming back as quickly as his nurses would like to see. Since the accident Mike has lost a little over 35 pounds. I keep telling then that he's only been eating for 5 days now and at that he's only eating pureed food. Believe me I don't think I would be that eager to eat either. I've asked them to please ask the doctors to allow him to eat solid foods. We'll find out tomorrow.

The kids left this morning with Mike's parents to go to San Diego. They saw Mike for a little while this morning and than had a tearful good bye. Mike and I both know this will be a good break for them. They've only been gone 12 hours and I can't believe how much I miss them already. We've never been away from all the kids for more than a night or so.

Please keep up the prayers for Mike. I keep thinking each stage of the recovery process will get easier but some how it becomes more physically and emotionally draining. In the beginning I felt so helpless sitting and watching him while he was physically injured and unaware of what was going on. But I've realized watching someone who you love go through frustration and depression and knowing that there's nothing I can do is an even more helpless feeling. All I can do is pray for him, love him, reassure him and be there for when he's ready for my help.

Thank you for all the cards and prayers offered so far. It has been very humbling to read and hear how this experience has touched your lives and all of those around us. Mike hasn't been ready to read the cards sent so far but I am keeping them all as well as all of the emails for him. When he's ready I'll show them to him.

4 comments:

cjeedl said...

I'm sorry that I haven't made it back to see you. I'm starting my own shop and you know how that goes. I have been checking the blog almost every day and I'm glad to hear how much Mike's improved.

Chris

DLarsen said...

Prayers and Love from Minnesota!
It is good to hear Mike is getting frustrated and wants to get out of the hospital. This is a big step in his recovery. While the children are in San Diego, take a few breaths for yourself. Let Mike know we are thinking of him.
Love Dan & Dorothy

Peter and Jill Droubay said...

Glad to hear that Mike will soon be in Vallejo, and that he seems to be doing so well in spite of his frustrations. I check the blog every day to hear about how Mike is progressing. We think about your family every day and pray that all will turn out well very quickly. Sarah, be sure to take time to care for yourself.

padude said...

Sarah,
My Sarah sent me your blog so I could keep up with how Mike is doing. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers and I know that Heavenly Father will bless you all.
Also don't forget to take care of yourself, that is very important as it can be very easily overlooked and then you will come up short of endurance to get through all of this.
Love Ya,
Chris Sieck

Steven Has The Chicken Pox

Steven Has The Chicken Pox
3/12/2008

Always Holding Hands

Always Holding Hands

Another Broken Bone In The Family

Another Broken Bone In The Family
12/11/07

Larsen Family 10/01/07

Larsen Family 10/01/07
Monterey Bay, California

A Day At The Beach 9/22/2007

A Day At The Beach 9/22/2007
Pacifica, CA

Mike and Sarah

Mike and Sarah
Monterey Bay, CA 10/2007

Million $ Hardware; 19 screws, 2 plates, 1 washer and 1 wire

Million $ Hardware; 19 screws, 2 plates, 1 washer and 1 wire
All of the above are from Mike's right elbow.

The Man of Steal is Back!

The Man of Steal is Back!

Mike's New Break

Mike's New Break
10/24/07

Mike & I @ Girls Camp

Mike & I @ Girls Camp
July 20th, 2007